Universal Testing Machine (UTM)
- Digital display of Length and Load.
- Tare set facility for load indicator to set off dead weights of clamps, springs, etc., and to read actual load directly.
- Length reset facility for length indicator at any position of moving platen to indicate actual deflection.
- Fully automatic test with single button test start.
- Easy to program controller.
- This equipment is extremely versatile for conducting a variety of tests, on different materials as per national and international standards.
Available in two models:
- With Fixed Testing Speed (Model UTM and UTM-P)
- With Variable Testing Speed (Model UTM-V and UTM-P(V))
Among the many tests that can be conducted on the machine are:
- Actuating Force for Snap Action Switch
- Removal Force for Connector PIns in Plugs
- Tensile Strength of Crumple Terminals
- Firmness of Polyurethane Foam
- Tensile Strength of Rubber - Fiber and Filaments
- Crush Strength of Medical Tablets
- Peel Strength of Adhesives
- Flexural Test for Laminates, PCBs, Plastics,etc.
- Fruit Firmness Test
- Sealing Strength of Pouches and Bags
- Test for Springs, agnets,etc.
Additional Features of Micro Processor-based Equipment (Model UTM-P and Model UTM-P(V):
- Printer Port to Print Load and Length/Deflection Graph of Test Data (80 column dot matrix Printer to be provided by user).
- RS232 Port for data transfer to PC/Data Transfer Unit with dedicated Software for Test Analysis (Optional at extra cost).
- Hardware Requirement: PC with CD-ROM drive, Serial Port, minimum 64 MB RAM, Hard Disk with Windows 98 preloaded.
|Parameter||Specifications for both Models|
|Loading Speed (to be specified with the order)||Model UTM / UTM-P||Any one specific speed between 12 ± 3 mm/min to 100 ± 3mm/min|
|Model UTM-V / UTM-P(V)||1-100 mm/min or 4 Preset speeds (to be specified) or Higher Loading Speed**|
|Load Cell Capacity (KgF) To be specified with the order||20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 (Loading Capacity will be approximately 90% of Load Cell Capacity.) This machine can be configured to operate with up to three Load Cells of different capacities (Optional at extra cost)|
|Load Indicator Resolution||0.1% of Loading capacity|
|Load Indicator Accuracy||± 0.4% of Loading Capacity|
|Load Units (User Selectable)||KgF, Newton, Pound|
|Admit between Platens||Minimum 100 mm Maximum 500 mm|
|Power Requirement||3 Phase, 415 VAC, 1.5 HP with independent and effective neutral and earthing|
|Length Indicator Resolution||0.1 mm|
|Length Indicator Accuracy||± 0.2 mm|
|Dimensions of the Standard Machine with Control Panel (W x D x H) mm||1200 x 1100 x 1700 (Approx.)|
|Machine Weight of the Standard Machine||800 kgs (Approx.)|